Saturday, February 23, 2013

What I Did for Valentine's Day: One Billion Rising

I thought that maybe you'd like to see how I spent V-Day 2013.  I choreographed a little bit of flamenco fusion to "Break the Chain," the official music for the One Billion Rising organization's flash mob initiative:  bringing awareness to violence and abuse against women and girls worldwide.

Probably not my greatest achievement in the art of flamenco, but we needed something very simple, with a flamenco flavor, that we could teach to a variety of students and supporters -- many of whom had no previous dance experience.

Here's how it turned out.  My favorite part is at the end where everyone joins in and freestyles.  V-Day 2013 at Union Station in downtown Chicago:


For more about One Billion Rising and why we rose up in support:


And here's a big flash mob group that took place the same day at Daley Plaza:


Taking back V-Day with beautiful women-power.  Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment